Instructions to Purchase Tickets in York Region
In select cities, you can purchase transit tickets directly in the app. Plan your trip, track your ride, and buy your ticket all within Transit! Once you've made your purchase, you'll activate your ticket and show your phone to the driver when you hop on board.
If you need help with your fare, you can always contact YRT by calling 1-866-668-3978 or emailing TransitInfo@york.ca.
Here's what this article covers:
- Get Tickets
- Use a Ticket
- Manage your Payment Method
Buy a ticket
1. On your home screen, tap Buy ticket:
2.Choose your ticket type, number of tickets you need and accept the ticket rules:
3. Follow the steps to sign in to your Transit account or to create a new account.
4. If you want to add more tickets to your purchase, you can either tap on the ticket type you just selected or tap Add another ticket:
5. Tap Proceed to payment then Place order:
6. Choose to activate your ticket now or later:
Retrieve a Pass Purchased in your Agency App
Tickets purchased in your agency's app can be put in the cloud and retrieved in Transit when inactive.
1. Make sure you have moved the inactive pass from your agency's app to the cloud.
2. In Transit, after tapping on the buy ticket bar at the bottom of the main screen, tap Connect here at the bottom of the screen.
3. Log into your account using the same email address you used in your agency app. After tapping Sign in, you'll be connected.
4. Tickets purchased in your agency app will automatically appear in Transit
Use a Ticket
1. Tap the gear icon at the top left of the main screen.
2. Under "My tickets" section, choose the pass or ticket you want to use and tap Activate next to the pass. Make sure to only activate shortly before you board!
3. When you board, tap Show to display the activated pass to the driver using your phone.
4. All activated tickets will appear on the next screen:
Manage Your Payment Method
1. After choosing your tickets, tap the Payment method section at the bottom of the screen:
2. Tap Manage cards:
3. You can then delete your card by tapping the bin icon 🗑 or you can tap Enter a new payment card to replace the current one. If you choose to enter a new card, note that the previous one will be deleted as we can only store one card at a time. When you're finished, press Done: